What Are the Benefits of Allergy Testing?
- Allergy testing is a sensitive method to find out which allergens are causing your allergic reactions.
- Once you know which substances you are allergic to, your doctor will be able to develop a treatment plan to alleviate and eliminate some of your allergy symptoms. < / li>
- There are different types of allergy tests, your allergist will see if you are taking a drug that can prevent or reduce a reaction to a substance, have a skin condition that makes it difficult to see the results, have had an allergic reaction with severe symptoms before, or have done a positive skin test to many foods It will determine which test is right for you depending on your status.
- Knowing which substances cause excessive reaction in your body, you can avoid your allergy triggers.
- Finding out if a person is allergic to drugs or insect venom. < / li>
Sensitivity tests such as skin tests or blood tests reveal whether the body is prone to allergies to certain substances. The skin test is usually done for confirmation. Blood tests are particularly useful when skin testing is impossible due to the condition of the skin. If the cause of the symptoms cannot be determined using these methods or it remains unclear whether the test results are relevant to the patient at all, the doctor may perform a provocation test.
For detailed information and questions; 0212 537 77 79